Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Carpool Line

Ahh, the carpool line.  Nothing frustrates me more than idiots in the carpool line.  The private school my oldest attends has, what I would call, an unorganized carpool line.  If you get there early,  you can pull right on up and station yourself in front of your child's classroom. A's room is the last room, which just happens to be at the front of the carpool line.

I usually get there REALLY early so I can be right there in front of her room.  Sometimes, I'm just not quick enough.  Here's what frustrates me...

1.  Grandma of a child in the other kindergarten class stops just far enough that a car cannot fit in front of her.  She just does not pull up ALL THE WAY!  She lolly-gags and blocks the line while waiting for her older grandchild whose class is all the way at the other end.  When grandpa picks up, same thing.  Grrrrr....... if you are going to be first, PULL ALL THE WAY UP!  I don't want to walk down 3 classrooms to get my child when if you had just pulled up in the first place, I would not have to.

2.  When you are the first one in the carpool line, there is not a parking space in front of you.  The end of the building is where the line begins.  People will just pull up in front and cut you off from turning out or leaving so they can bypass the line and "hop out for a minute" (which is like 5 or 10) to get their child.  If it's not an outlined parking place, IT'S NOT A PARKING PLACE!  Take note, Wal-Mart shoppers who do the same thing!!!!

We do have a nice gentleman who does "police" the carpool line....only he does it when a car without a driver has been idling a while.

The school is great, it's just some of the picker-uppers need to know the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment